Sunday, May 10, 2015

Fly Fishing Mommas

     Yup, girls like it too. And in celebration of Mother’s Day we give a nod in their direction.

Advise: best to give the girls attention every day, be nice to them, not just on Mother’s Day. You will live better. You will get more pies, for one thing.

The girl holding the trout is a killer. I know that to be true because I have lived with her for more than half my life. She is Norwegian (awesome baked goods) & would live on fish if I let her kill enough of them. (I have witnessed her blithely suck the eyeballs out of trout fried with the heads on. The Viking in her.)

Here is my all-time favorite fly fishing video, filmed on the home water, Jennifer Mitchell fishing the UC black quill hatch:

Remember, girls & boys, we are in this together & for always. Be kind to one another. Boogie chillen.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4pp02_GN9A

Late edit: Quote from my wife after reading the above entry: "You do know how male-centric yer blog is, don't you?"